Public Access Closed - Please Call/Email Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30
Sunday, January 5, 2020 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
The Town of Cobourg is pleased to announce that the Rogers Hometown Hockey™ Tour presented by Scotiabank and Hyundai, is just one month away from arriving in Cobourg, for a celebration of hockey on January 4 and 5th at the Cobourg West Harbour.
The Cobourg West Harbour, located at 103 Third Street in the marina parking lot between Third Street and Hibernia Street, has been selected as the chosen site for the Rogers Hometown Hockey festival weekend. Hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone will be on site for the free festival featuring a weekend of live entertainment, NHL alumni, and hockey-themed activities that will wrap up with a live outdoor viewing party of an NHL broadcast from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
The Town of Cobourg and Rogers Hometown Hockey are also pleased to confirm the following NHL Alumni and special guests who will be present during the festival weekend:
- Darcy Tucker: Darcy Tucker is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player who played most of his National Hockey League career with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Shayne Corson: Shayne Corson is a Canadian former professional hockey player who played in the National Hockey League for the Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers, St. Louis Blues, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Dallas Stars.
- Steve Smith: James Stephen Smith is a Canadian retired professional ice hockey defenceman and current assistant coach of the Buffalo Sabres He played in the National Hockey League from 1984–85 to 2000–01.
- Gord Brooks: Gordon John "Gord" Brooks is a Canadian former professional ice hockey right winger who played parts of three seasons in the National Hockey League for the St. Louis Blues and Washington Capitals.
- Jim Hughson: Jim Hughson is a Canadian sportscaster, best known for his play-by-play of National Hockey League and Toronto Blue Jays baseball games. Since 2008, he has been the lead play-by-play announcer for Hockey Night in Canada.
- Chris Johnston: Chris Johnston is in his 14th season covering the NHL and fifth for Sportsnet. His career began with The Canadian Press and has covered 10 Stanley Cup finals and two Olympics.
Citizens are also encouraged to attend the free events leading up to the festival weekend including a school rally followed by a community skate with the Mayor and Rogers Hometown Hockey crew.
Cobourg Toques for Sale!
In celebration of the event coming to the community the Town of Cobourg created toques with proceeds going to KidSport Northumberland who provide financial support to under-resourced children and youth 18 years of age and under by removing financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
Click here to pre-order your toque.
Parade of Champions – Register Today!
Leading up to the LIVE NHL broadcast the Town of Cobourg and community will be hosting the Parade of Champions and encourage all community groups to register online today at www.cobourg.ca. Participants are encouraged to wear their favourite jersey and to purchase a toque.
Sportsnet and the Rogers Hometown Hockey™ Tour is on its sixth season and will be making 25 stops in communities across Canada to celebrate the local hockey stories that connect the nation. This season-long touring festival will be broadcast live across the nation from the host communities on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW.
More Information on Rogers Hometown Hockey
The complete event schedule, parking and free shuttle information can be found at www.cobourg.ca.
Cobourg West Harbour, 103 Third Street, Cobourg
Town of Cobourg and Sportsnet